Senior Server Programmer
Armada Interactive is looking for a Senior Server Programmer to join our already experienced team. You will be designing and implementing a wide range of features and systems ranging from game development and tools to solving scaling and operations challenges.
We are a group of passionate developers looking for a great addition to our team. We expect you to take great pride in your work and offer you the chance to take responsibility and own significant parts of our backend. We run Go, Elixir and C# services on Google Container Engine and you will have the chance to learn new things and develop your skills.
Armada is located in downtown Helsinki, Finland, the heart of mobile gaming. Helsinki is a safe and attractive European capital of just the right size, with a very high quality of living. We offer competitive compensation, a flat organization, and a fun working environment.
Furthermore, we offer the greatest challenge for a developer: creating a new kind of game. Our first project is truly innovative, well planned and well on course. Real time 3D and multiplayer are at its core. We just need a few more great professionals to complete our awesome Team.
- Backend design, development and live operations.
- Work in cooperation with producers, client programmers, artists, animators, game designers, level designers and QA to design, implement, polish, debug and optimize systems and high quality game features.
- Contribute to the game design and development with your experience.
- Have the urge to write elegant, clean, high performing modular code that can be used over multiple projects.
- Take ownership of backend systems and ensure their functionality, stability and quality throughout the project.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in designing, developing, launching and operating online services.
- Proven experience in quality software design. Language wise experience in Go and any functional language is a plus.
- Experience with any cloud platform.
- Excellent problem solving and rapid prototyping skills.
- Ability to pinpoint scalability and security issues in software design.
- Knowledge about software deployment automation.
- Senior level of experience in the field of software development – gaming backend experience is of course preferred but not obligatory.
- A chance to work with a team of passionate industry veterans in a brand new start-up.
- An excellent opportunity to gain mad skills and grow as a developer.
- Great co-workers and a culture of talent, challenge and responsibility.
- Competitive compensation
- Smartphone, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- An office in the heart of Helsinki