In the history of the gaming world, Minecraft is the one game that requires minimum hardware requirements. Since gaming is preferred by both kids and adults, it is highly important that you have the best build-up for your system.
As we all know that CPU is an integral part of the computer system, it is advisable to have the best one in order to keep your system safe and durable.
10 Powerful CPUs for Minecraft Game
Budget-friendly, durable and supportive are the three main things we look for while buying the CPU for Minecraft. However, this article will guide you with a few more pointers to consider before you make your move and do the purchase!
Also Read: 10 Best Wireless Headphones for Minecraft
Scroll down to see the top 10 best CPUs for Minecraft:
1. Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor
There is no comparison when it comes to Intel and its processors since it has always been the best! The invention of the i7-8700K desktop processor has enabled the desktops to run faster than the previous versions of it. So, if you are a heavy Minecraft player, who is looking for the best CPU for heavy Minecraft, then you may have to stop your search here, as this is the one for you!
Because of its turbo frequency of 4.7GHz, this Intel processor is the best suited for heavy gaming.
It offers Intel Optane technology, which means you can now increase your storage speed by capturing the frequently used hardware.
The Intel Optane technology enables the computer to remember long-term memory.
It is highly credible.
- It is excellent in gaming performance.
- It is less in price, as compared to the previous versions.
- It offers good productivity.
- It has overclocking headroom.
- It is one of the best budget CPU for Minecraft in 2022, which is available in the market.
- It has motherboard requirements.
- It has tax overclocking.
2. AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 4-Core
If you are considering buying this beast, then please do so without giving it any second thought! It is undoubtedly one of the best CPUs for Minecraft in the industry because of its extremely amazing graphics pep.
Pro tip: Ryzen comes with a better and bigger graphics card than most of the brands and hence, it is one of the best CPUs for Minecraft modded.
It comes with two chip endings, which allows in-built graphic processing.
Overclocking it will be easy because it does not require a motherboard.
If you wish to build a CPU for modded Minecraft, then this is the best choice for you because it consumes 65-watt power and it is the best package deal in this price.
It provides a display port and HDMI video output support.
- If you have a tight budget and yet want the best deal of CPU for Minecraft, then this is the one. It is an extremely low budget processor.
- It comes with strong graphics and does not need the support of a motherboard.
- It offers a quadcore processor and comes with a fan to keep the CPU cool during your uninterrupted gameplays.
- It is a cost-effective, durable processor for the long run.
- It does not have multi-threading supports.
- It has fewer compute units.
3. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
If you are looking to rebuild your gaming system with the best CPU for Minecraft and if you have a little budget, then AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core is the one for you! Since the Minecraft system requirements are minimal, all you need is a good CPU for keeping you lasted in the game without any crashes.
Hold on till you get to see the amazing features that this CPU has to offer you:
The excellent Zen 2 chip contains all the best things that you need in a CPU for Minecraft.
It is a modern processor with multiple cores, and all of them comes within your budget (no paying separately for it!).
It is the first processor with PCLE 4.0 feature that doubles the graphics bandwidth.
The 7-nanometer technology enables the gaming experience to be more efficient than the rest processors in this range.
It is bigger and better in performance when it comes to heavy gaming because of its gaming memory card.
- The game cache memory is gigantic, which keeps the gamers busy with their high level gaming performance.
- It comes with a fan, which keeps the system cooler and does not let the temperature of the CPU rise.
- It has a lower power consumption, as compared to the others in this price range.
- It offers unlocked multiplier.
- It has limited overclocking.
- There is no integrated graphics.
- The fan could be of a better quality.
4. Intel Core i3-8350K Desktop Processor
While researching for a good gaming processor, people usually stop their search when they find an Intel core processor! Is it the same case with you? Then, be sure that this one will not make you regret anytime in your life. This is one of the best CPU for Minecraft shaders, enabling you to carry on with your intense and heavy gaming!
It is an 8th generation processor with overclocking specifications.
It is quadcore and runs at 3.6GHz and consumes fewer watts than the rest CPU in this price range with these specifications.
It offers you the best combination of efficiency and performance.
- It comes with a fan to maintain the temperature while playing. If paired with an external cooler, it works silently and for long hours.
- The in-built overclocking feature allows you to work smoothly while performing AVX tasks.
- It is the best CPU for Minecraft with 50% more cores and it is suitable for running complex programs.
- It has a strong application performance and a great gaming performance.
- It is slightly expensive.
- It requires an additional cooler.
5. Intel Core i5 (12th Gen) Processor
Oh! What fun it is to have an Intel 12th generation processor for your gaming, and especially for playing Minecraft! The only reason to add this item to our list of CPU for Minecraft is because of the features it offers and their good results.
Carry on your readers to find the amazing set of features that it has in store for you:
It offers a clock speed of 3GHz.
This unit has hyper-processing.
It has an unlocked processor.
The L3 cache provides 18 MB that the Minecraft players can take advantage of.
It provides efficient performance in Minecraft.
- It offers a turbo boost and enhanced integrated graphics for an amazing Minecraft experience.
- The frequency used data can be retrieved much faster in order to improve the overall performance of the processor.
- PCB installation is also possible in this processor.
- It has a lower clock speed than the other models of Intel.
6. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
If you are looking for an absolute beast in the world of processors for gaming, then trust us on this! Nothing beats the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in all its respect and hence, that is the reason why it has been added to our list of best CPU for Minecraft!
Look ahead for the features and specifications that it has to offer you:
It comes with 12 cores, 24 threads and a base clock of 3.7 GHz.
It has a Zen 3 architecture with higher instruction per clock.
The AMD Ryzen helps you to track down your PC’s performance to the per-core clock rates and keeps the temperature in check while doing so.
- The clock rate can be increased up to 4.8 GHz, which makes sure that it is the best CPU for heavy Minecraft gameplay.
- It comes with a larger L3 cache and lower latency.
- It provides you with complete executive control with a UI.
- The temperature remains in check while overworking.
- It is expensive.
- It requires a minimum 105 watt consumption and it increases with overclocking.
7. Intel Core i5-10600K
Are you wondering why we do not have anything apart from Intel and AMD in our list of the best CPU for Minecraft in 2022? It is simply because these two are the most reliable and durable processor with amazing features and specifications that is presently ruling the market!
This mainstream processor is a gamer’s paradise! If you are looking for a great game build with a powerful processor that is long-lasting as well, then Intel Core i5 is the one for you!
It goes up to a speed of 4.8 GHz per core, making this one of the very best CPU for Minecraft.
It comes with 6 cores and 12 threads.
It is a 10th generation processor, which will surely not disappoint you.
- The Intel Optane memory support proves to be the most attractive part of this little daredevil.
- It comes with a compatible Intel 400 chipset-based motherboard.
- It is a bit expensive.
- It consumes a power of 125 watts.
- It generates a lot of heat and does not come with a fan.
8. Intel Core i5-7640X X-Series Processor
To end our list of best CPU for Minecraft, this piece is a good wrap up!
The processor offers a base clock of 4.0 GHz. It comes with 4 cores and 8 threads. It provides DDR4 and SDRAM memory.
- The associated shared cache has 6 MB.
- The clock speed can go up to 4.2 GHz.
- The 12-way design of the cache optimizes the overall performance of the PC.
- It is a low-cost processor with great results for Minecraft.
- It contains only 4 cores.
9. Intel Core i3-10100 Processor
If you have a low budget for making your PC, then have a look here at what this processor from Intel has to offer you!
The base clock speed is 3.6 GHz and the maximum can be 4.3 GHz.
It has 4 cores and 8 threads.
The socket type is LGA 1200 and the memory is Intel Optane.
- The processor is compatible with Intel 400 series chipset.
- The processor includes a cooler.
- It has Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology.
- It provides an average processor performance.
10. AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Desktop Processor
The last one to make it in our list of the best CPU for Minecraft is AMD Ryzen 3 1200.
The bandwidth of the processor comes with more memory. It has an advanced gaming processor. It can customize its performance according to you. It comes with AMD VR technology.
- It has a cache capacity of 32 MB.
- It has a multi-threading capacity for cloud computing and visual experience.
- The clock speed can be increased up to 25 MHz.
- The shift of clock speed is seamless.
- It has high-end GPUs.
- It lags slightly if overworked.
These were the best 10 CPU for Minecraft in our list according to their generations, overclocking speed and your budget. Get hold of any of these beasts to experience the best gaming experience of Minecraft in your system!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What CPU is good for a Minecraft server?
Intel Core-based processors and AMD processors are the most recommended ones for a Minecraft server. If you are a heavy Minecraft gamer, these processors are just going to work fine for you. Note down your budget and the features the processor has to offer in that range.
What CPUs can run Minecraft?
Intel Core and AMD processors are the best-suited CPUs for running Minecraft. If you are looking for the best CPU for Minecraft modded or the best CPU for heavy Minecraft, then go for the ones of Intel and AMD. You will surely not be disappointed!
Is Minecraft a CPU intensive game?
Yes, Minecraft is a CPU and RAM intensive game. Hence, you need to have good processors for running the game, so that it does not get overheated or damaged if played for long hours. You will get the suited ones from Intel Core and AMD processors since they are the ones running the gaming market now.
Which CPU is better for Minecraft: AMD or Intel?
If you are low on budget and want to make the best out of it by building a good gaming system, then AMD processors will be the best suited for you. Their features and advantages are better than Intel Core in this price range. If you are not tight on your budget, you can easily opt for both AMD as well as Intel Core.
Related: Best Mouse for Minecraft